Immokalee Housing & Family Services is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization dedicated to enabling Immokalee residents to become self sufficient.
Our goal, simply put, is to provide humanitarian assistance where necessary, educational support to qualified college bound high school graduates and other services that will enable our farm workers and low income families achieve a level of self sufficiency.
The following activities are essential to achieve our stated goal / mission.
- To support decent, safe, affordable housing for farm workers and low income families.
- To support the St. Veronica fund providing medical prescription assistance for Immokalee families.
- To provide financial support for immigration services for all Immokalee families.
- To provide financial support in helping families maintain a decent, safe, clean rental property.
- Partnerships / Affiliations
- IHFS is a member of the Immokalee Interagency Council whose members provide a holistic, community wide approach in helping farm workers and low income families.
- IHFS is a partner with Residential Options of Florida (ROOF) to develop the first home for adults with development disabilities, in Immokalee.
- IHFS plays a leadership role in the Immokalee Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA).
- IHFS is a member of the Immokalee Chamber of Commerce.